CCDM offers a residential alternative through two residential facilities, such as Riverwood Christian Community in Louisville, Tennessee. We work on assisting residents in achieving their highest level of independence. The staff guides each resident in developing social skills, personal care skills, and spiritual growth. Most residents maintain a job in the community or a sheltered workshop and weekly church attendance is encouraged so that all residents learn and grow in their spiritual lives.
CCDM offers residential alternatives to assist residents in achieving their highest level of independence. Residents may receive the following services:
- Access to routine professional services - dental, medical, etc.
- Appointments made for consultation services, as needed
- Transportation to work, appointments, and social activities
- A nutritional diet
- Medication assistance
- Oversight of personal finances
- Application for third party benefits
- Social and recreational activities
- 24 - hour staffing
- Opportunities for spiritual growth
- Training to enhance life skills
In order to be considered for placement, an individual must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a developmental disability
- Be capable of self-preservation
- Be capable of meeting basic personal needs with reasonable supervision
- Be capable of working or attending a day program.
If you know of someone who would like to live at Riverwood Christian Community, please complete and submit our residential application. You may submit the application via email to email@example.com or via fax to (865) 984-5177.
When an opening becomes available, the approved applicant will be given a four-week notice and will enter a 60-day trial period which serves as a probationary period during which CCDM will determine whether or not the program best serves the resident's needs.
For more information, please email us or call (865) 984-5178.